7.03.2015

Chara Takes Texas Bluebonnets

What says Texas more in nature than bluebonnets? Okay, and rattlesnakes & oak trees & big blue skies, but also, bluebonnets. Every year the highways are lined with them & it's a sight to see. They're beautiful. Though I've grown up with this beautiful flower my whole life, I'm still intrigued by it's details & color. I knew, for our first Spring back in Texas in 4 years, we had to take some bluebonnet pics. In light, of the 4th coming up & all the red, white & blue that will fill our nation that day, I give you some more white & blue. :) 

 We try so hard to get her looking directly at the camera, it just doesn't work. 
So we'll settle for a snuggle bear pic & side glance.
 Also, group selfie pictures with the dog just don't work. Either she's cut out, we're cut out, or we have to awkwardly force her to put her head up.
But when Zachary's taking the picture, Chara's all smiles & of course, looking at him. It's precious to see the way she watches him. Sometimes, I just watch her watching him. It's cute the way her head goes back & forth as he walks by.
 Forced weird snuggles.
She loves running around free in nature! So many smells & new things to see.
 I know, I know, there's so many pictures. I just love them. She's so happy. :) It was a good day.
 
Isn't it idyllic? 
 A white blue bonnet. An albino blue bonnet?
 Chara loves following Justin around because he goes off the path & explores & finds new things, like a discarded Christmas tree. haha.
 Sometimes I have the patience to take good photos. I never seem to have the patience to edit them, though. And also, I don't really ever have patience to take good photos. I'm pretty sure I just used the macro-auto setting.
 Rasberries! There's a whole field of rasberry bushes behind my parents neighborhood. Justin gathered a huge bowl of them this Spring, they now sit in our freezer waiting to be made into something delicious.
 "Let's go Chara!!" "Here, I come guys!" Hehe.
Do you usually take bluebonnet photos with your family or pets? If so, don't be scared to post them a season later! ;)
post signature

No comments :

Pin It button on image hover