11.04.2014

Shave Time: Slow Cooker Cheesy Corn Dip


When it comes to party planning, I am no expert, but I am slightly obsessed with planning them. I just love the process of coming up with a theme, brainstorming the decorations, drawing sketches of my table set up, making lists upon lists of what to make & buy, and the list of all the recipes I'll make to feed all those party people because of course , all good parties come with food, and not just any food, but delicious, party food! Food that makes you want to stand around it while you laugh & chat for hours. This past week we had a huge Halloween party and as with most big parties or get togethers, it took hours to plan & prepare for. I was in need of easy appetizers that would fill people up while they waited for the main course & that they would love. This dip was a hit! It was a fly by the seat of my pants recipe & turned out to be one of THE crowd pleasers. Best part: It took me 10 minutes to prepare. Only 10 minutes, marking a line off my to-do list & 'shaving' me tons of time in the kitchen! You will love this dip but be warned, it's slightly addicting!
 photo ingredients_zpsc0c44657.jpg
250 g aged cheddar, shredded or cut in small blocks
8 oz cream cheese, cut into chunks
1 jalapeno, chopped
3 drained cans sweet corn
salt to taste
1 pound precooked shredded pork*
1/2 c milk
 photo prep_zps53929e41.jpg
Chop the jalapeno, shred the cheese & cut the cream cheese into chunks. Toss into the crock pot. Add all other ingredients. Cook on low for two hours or on high for one.* Serve with tortilla chips! Enjoy!

*Shave even more time tips: Idea # 1:  Earlier in the week I cooked a combination of shredded pork & chicken ( with 1/2 a cup of brown sugar, 1 tsp chili pepper, 12 oz beer, on high for 8 hours, adjust to taste) in the crock pot  & made sauteed onion & shredded pork wraps with it. I used half for the wraps and stored the other half in the fridge to use in this recipe. You could try that, too! Idea # 2: Substitute with ground beef. Plan a meal earlier in the week that calls for ground beef. Double your beef, save half & throw into this dip. Idea # 3: Place raw pork, seasonings & beer into the crock pot. Cook over night for 8 hours. A few hours before the party, throw in the cheese, corn, milk & jalapenos to make the dip!

*I cooked mine on low for 5 hours, stirred at the 5 hours mark, kicked the heat up to high for 30 minutes, then low for the rest of the night during the party.

Want another 'shave time tip' that has nothing to do with food?!  Shave even more time by ordering your razor blades from the Dollar Shave Club! Zachary and I are kind of obsessed with this. I have my eye on the 6 bladed razor! 6 blades! That's pretty exciting to me. I've told Zachary for years the more blades for me the better. My skins super sensitive & any little drag of the blade gives me yuck-o burn.  But of course, in stores, I can rarely find razors with over 4 blades, so I was pretty excited to see that the DSC sells 6 bladed razors for only $9 a month! When we move back to the States, you better believe we're ordering from here! Make sure to follow the DSC on twitter & facebook to stay up to date with all their happenings & hilarious posts! They have a sense of humor at the Dollar Shave Club and I kindda love it!
Are you friends with Dollar Shave Club?
Are you following Dollar Shave Club?

Happy Time 'Shaving'!
post signature

1 comment :

Zachary said...

Awesome Recipe!! And great pics! Love you!

Pin It button on image hover