11.01.2012

For all you Morning People

Are you one of those "early morning people" that have it all together? 
If so, I envy you. 
{Zachary is {most days} one of these people.}
I am finding myself so often lately exclaiming to the Lord, "I can't do it! I can't do it all." 
I feel swallowed up in to-do lists and hopes. 
And constantly tired. 

How can I do it all? 
How do you do it all? 

I hear the Lord often answer me, 
"You can't. But I can. Find your strength in me."
This is always a good word. I receive it. 
I'm not wanting to live a hurried, busy, in my own strength, life. I just want to live life and live it well.
"Well" to me is a painted picture. 
The strokes of that picture include;  waking up early, working out every morning, spending time with Jesus, spending extended time in prayer, building eternal relationships, cooking for the husband, eating whole and healthy, emailing and Skyping people and keeping the house together. 

This on top of all the things I also want to do like; social engagements, planning parties, making things, blogging, lesson planning, relaxing, reading books, actually grooming myself, and so on. Not to mention the things I must do like, go to work 8-5 every day. 

All I seem to be able to do lately is wake up the latest I possibly can with enough time to get ready and not be late, go to work and show up for whatever evening engagement I'm supposed to do for the day, and crash at 10 pm. Not much else. None of the beautiful strokes of the painted picture I desire. 
Where is the balance? 
Are you one of those people who have found it? 
I know they exist because I've seen them. And watched them closely. And they do it. 
And they don't have anxiety disorders. They drink wine at night and relax when they are supposed to. They wake early and sit with the Lord. They rest in Him. They have found it. They know what life is. What abundant life is. 

In the end, I know this is key. 
Matthew 6:33 "But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." 

Before this turned into a reflective post, it was a question post. Light and easy. 
Turning back to that now. I'll ask all of you who "have it together"-
What are your tips for waking up early? 
What are your routines?
How do you fit it all in?

{Thanks for bearing with me & reading as I vent/process through these feelings}

9 comments :

Catherine said...

WOAH Sister ~ I was thinking EXACTLY this today!!
Sooo much that I want to do... So little time. Where do all the hours go, and can I please have more of them??

I wish I was the person that got up early in the morning to pray and run ~ that would make me so proud, but I'm just not there yet, and I beat myself up about it ALL THE TIME!!

xo

Unknown said...

i wish I could give good advice on getting up early and being productive. But on my days off, I can sleep forever :)

Travel Gourmande said...

Hello Heather, what a lovely post. I'm not a morning person. I have a friend and I admire her for her energy--she wakes up at 5 AM to prepare meals and heads off at 7AM for yoga pilates class and manages to do all the stuff for the day. There was a time when I would wake up at 4am to pray/meditate everyday, it's true what they say--doing it for 29 days straight and it'll become a habit. However keeping the habit is the toughest part and I 'm sadly now back to my non-morning self. I'd like to go back to that morning ritual again. It has helped me a lot go through a lot of tough and scary hurdles.

meandmr.com said...

Newest follower here! I found you through the Sunday link up! Cute blog, I can’t wait to read more!
-meandmr.com

mail4rosey said...

I'm following you now too, visiting from the Sunday Hop. I love the picture... you look happy, not tired. :)

Hope you feel caught up soon. :)

Angela Thompson said...

It is SO hard to balance everything! Sometimes it feels like all of those lists spend the day swirling around but not aligning so that I can accomplish anything. My only advice is to re-prioritize (shorten) those lists and goals day day--and add in a "want to do" for each day. Glad I found you on the Sunday Sync!
Angela from A Mama's Corner of the World

Helene said...

oh i love this post!! Found you through the Sunday Sync!
Helene in Between

Unknown said...


Thank you for linking up with Super Sunday Sync this week. Hope to see you next week!

Anonymous said...

haha I know the feeling sista! I'm SO NOT a morning person. great blog, btw.

Pin It button on image hover